Erin Rachel Photography | Picayune MS High School Senior and Family Photographer serving the surrounding areas Mandeville LA, Covington LA, Slidell LA and the Northshore » Senior and Family Photographer covering Picayune, MS and Mandeville LA, Slidell LA and Covington LA. Offering Photography Classes and Workshops in the Picayune MS, Covington LA, Mandeville LA and Slidell LA area.

lisa [the.MENTOR.sessions]

I am honored to introduce to you yet another mentee from the.MENTOR.sessions, Lisa.  She was one of the very first to email me about applying for the.MENTOR.sessions.  I think she was hesitant at first yet knew she needed this to get her business on the right track.  After shooting and having her business set up for a couple of years she knew she needed more direction on the business side of things.  I tell my mentees all the time that a photography business is about 15% of actually shooting and the rest of the 85% is business.  Developing business skills and running your business effectively and efficiently is a must!  Well without further ramblings from me…I have asked Lisa to give you a little insight into her journey!
So here goes…………………
I have always loved to take photos.  {Mainly snapshots just to remember the moments of life.}  After having my children, as I am sure with many moms,  capturing the moments of life through photos became even more precious to me.  As time went on I began to take photos for family and friends and  my hobby became more than just a hobby.  I have been in the field of education for 14 years working as a special education teacher and now as a school counselor so for now photography is a part time job.
I, like several of the mentees, was introduced to Erin and the.ONE DAY.workshop  1 by Nikki Spreen and I am so very happy about that!:)  That workshop and the.ONE DAY.workshop 2  have increased my knowledge and helped me to gain confidence as a photographer.  As I continue to work with Erin in the.MENTOR.sessions program I am continuing to learn and grow.  There are so many things that she is teaching me but one of the most important things I am learning is to set goals, have a plan, and follow through with steps to complete them!  I have had so many ideas in the past that have not come to pass but with her guidance I am learning how to make things happen, gain confidence and put plans in to motion!
Lastly, but certainly not least, I am a wife to my great husband Bobby and a mom to my  three precious children Alise, Gannon and Anniston [3 months].

PIN THIS

share|tweet|pin|email|Comment

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*